Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Open wide...

Hello. Yes, yes, another food blog. But...mine will be fun because a) I have no idea what I'm doing and b) my husband is a really good photographer, so all of my mishaps will be well documented. See, I used to be big time culinarily challenged, but then I became a mom on a budget and quickly realized how expensive convenience foods are. I had a choice. I could go back to work, or learn how to cook. I chose the latter. And then something amazing happened. I fell in love. Like, MAD love. The kind of love you want to shout from rooftops. "Hey, world! Did you know that if you make mashed potatoes from scratch using Yukon gold potatoes and add a dash of nutmeg right at the end, they're little spoonfuls of heaven??!!!!!!!"

Many of my friends are void of any culinary interest, so if I start talking about pulled pork tacos with cabbage slaw, they fall asleep within moments. That's why I'm here. I found with my other blog - which reps my other mad love, writing - that if I blogged enough, other writers eventually found me. That's what I'm hoping will happen here. So, if you've found me, and get excited about things like crab won tons and pasta machines, please stay. I know we'll get along swimmingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment